Saturday, September 6, 2008

Broken flash repair

This time I stumble upon a flash video on YouTube. I just want to see another part of my favorite Top Gear program and it was not playing at all. Just load video in back (I can see running gauge) but no video playing.

Flash plugin was dead!

Now I have two choices - restarting the browser or restarting the flash plugin. In all other browsers I had to restart the whole thing. Users of Chrome are lucky - they should start Chrome task Manager (Shift+ESC) and just kill the misbehaving flash plugin.

Flash frame within YouTube turns black with sad face (yes, it works for tabs or plugins) and at the top of the tab there was the message that "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash". Intentionally, at least for this time.

After reloading the tab it loads the new instance of Flash plugin and video starts.

Nice work, guys!

No comments: